A16. Assessment and Goals for Semester two



  • How much do your images tell a story and convey a mood or message that it apparent to most viewers?


  • I think some of my images definitely do tell a story but not all of them. This is something I would like to work more on.

  • What do you feel that you do well with your camera skills?


  • I feel that I am good at using a camera and using all the settings. I love using depth of field because it really focuses one's eye on something.

  • What do you feel that you do well with your editing skills?


  • I like to add contrast to my photos because I feel like it really defines them.

  • What do you feel that you do well with your observation skills?


  • I think I am good at being able to see something that would turn into a good picture.

  • What do you feel that you do well with your work ethic and workflow?


  • When I put my mind to it, I can get really good results.

  • What do you feel that you do well with regard to your ability to tell a story with your photographic imagery?


  • Since I already make films, it is easier for me to try and tell a story in a photo. I do so by expressions, body language, and the setting.

  • What do you feel that you need to work on with your camera skills?
  • Probably just getting more familiarized with camera settings.
  • What do you feel that you need to work on with your editing skills?
  • I think I need to work on every part of my editing skills because I love taking pictures but editing is not my favorite.
  • What do you feel that you need to work on with regard to your observation skills?
  • Although I am good at seeing when something would make a good photograph, that is only when I am looking. I need to always be looking for opportunities to take pictures.
  • What do you feel that you need to work on with regard to your work ethic and workflow?
  • I need to stay motivated.
  • What do you feel that you need to work on with regard to your ability to tell a story with your photographic imagery?
  • I can't think of specifics, but there is always room to improve.
  • What do you think is your greatest strength so far in this course?
  • That I have had a background in photography and film and have worked with cameras a lot in my past.
  • What do you think you most need to work on in this course?
  • My work ethic.
  • What is your plan to improve your photographic imagery–you may NOT use the word “try.” (Try is a rationalization for failure–don’t try, DO!)
  • To keep taking pictures because practice makes perfect!
  • What are you hoping to learn this semester in this class?
  • I am hoping to develop a good concentration.
  • Other than not being gone so much to the district office, what can Prof Robson do to improve this course?
  • This is a good class! No need to change anything.
  • Comments

    1. Not sure why that last question reads like that but thank you :)
      As far as your editing skills, getting the free Nik software will help a lot. The Viveza 2 is especially helpful for color. Once you see your pics transform with these tools it becomes exciting to see if your photo can be exponentially better. Sometimes they are great as is but most photos need a bit of help.
      You are doing a great job!

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Popular posts from this blog

    A18. Avoiding the Cliche in a High School Art Project

    #JA1-Photography Journal Assignment 1. Mobiles and The Death of Conversation

    A14. Message and Story in Photography